Lean Library Extension
- Download Lean Library
- Select Georgetown University Library as your institution
- Save your settings and start your research!
If you are on a Library-subscribed database or journal website (like jstor.org), Lean Library will automatically detect the website and reconnect you through the Library's proxy server. This allows you to log in without going back to the Library’s website.
Lean Library also provides easy access to Interlibrary Loan (ILL), integration with Google Scholar, and many other features. Learn more about Lean Library in our Off-Campus Research Guide.
You can also manually type or copy/paste the following string:
Place this string BEFORE your URL (prepend). For example:
https://www.jstor.org should become:
Library Website Links
Most links in HoyaSearch and the Library’s research guides will prompt you to log in with your NetID and password when off-campus, authenticating you as a Georgetown user and providing access to subscribed Library resources.
- HoyaSearch - books, journals, articles, and more
- Journal Finder - journals held by the Library
- A-Z Databases - list of all major Library databases
Off-Campus Research Guide
Our off-campus research guide has a wealth of tools to aid research away from Georgetown:
- Lean Library browser extension
- Proxy GU bookmarklet
- Google Scholar configuration for Library resources
For Alumni: Off-Campus Access
Alumni have access to a limited number of resources from off-campus. Unfortunately most of our Library databases are only available to alumni within the Library.