The Library offers a book paging service for all Georgetown users. When you page (or request) an item through the Library's catalog, Library staff will find the item for you and hold it at the service desk of your choice. The item will then be available for you to pick up for any time the service desk is open. Items stay on the holdshelf for 10 days; if they are not picked up by then, the hold request will be canceled and the item will be returned to the stacks.
(To request non-circulating items from Off-Campus Shelving, please see this page.)
- Find what you need in the Library's catalog, HoyaSearch.
- Login to your account:
- If you have a NetID, use the first option ("Georgetown Patrons")
- If you have a special borrower's card, use the second option ("Other Patrons")
- Click the Georgetown Request button located under Availability. You may request items that are checked out, but it is strongly recommended to request items that are "available" or to place a consortium request before requesting checked out items.
- Choose your pickup location and enter any special instructions. You can request to pick up the book at Lauinger Library, Blommer Science Library, Qatar Library, the Bioethics Research Library or the SCS Library at the Downtown Campus. Faculty may request items be sent to their campus offices (find more information about this service on our Office Delivery page).
- You will receive an email when the item is ready for pickup at your selected service desk.