Group study rooms are designed to facilitate collaboration and research. Group study rooms are available to all members of the Main Campus Georgetown University community. Study rooms vary in size, the smallest (204, 205, 404, and 405 in Lauinger) comfortably accommodating up to 6 patrons, the larger (2L and 2R in Lauinger, and the Blommer Science Library Group Study Room) up to 8, and the largest (Millennium Room) up to 10.
All study rooms have a table and chairs and a 42" LCD display mounted on the wall with an HDMI cable with Mini DisplayPort adapter provided to connect a laptop or other device, except for the Millennium Room, which has a 50" LCD display. Please be aware that no monitors have audio output so use your laptop's onboard speakers if audio is needed.
Only Main Campus students, visiting researchers, staff and faculty can reserve a group study room in advance. Visiting researchers can sign up in person at the Access Services Desk or call (202) 687-7607.
- Rooms are booked in 1 hour segments.
- Rooms must be reserved at the top of the hour.
- Maximum 2 reservations limit per day, 3-hours maximum per reservation.
- You will receive a confirmation via email before you occupy the room.
- Rooms may not be booked more than a week in advance.
- The reservation is forfeited if patron not in room within fifteen minutes of start of reservation. No exceptions.
- All rooms are available on a first-come first-served basis during unreserved hours.
Do not leave laptops or other materials unattended in the study rooms. The library is not responsible for the loss of personal materials or library materials checked out to you. Items left in group study rooms will be removed to the Lauinger Lost and Found at the Service Desk. Unclaimed items will be sent to the Department of Public Safety (DPS) every Wednesday.
You may also be interested in reading about the Third Floor Consultation and Group Study Room.
No smoking is permitted anywhere in Lauinger Library or the Blommer Science Library.