David Strout is the acting Maker Hub Manager. He is an accomplished maker with extensive experience working with 3D printers, laser cutters, and CNC machines. His impressive portfolio also includes a wide range of creative projects using tools and technologies from woodworking, leather working, sewing, programing microcontrollers, bookbinding, and printing. To top it all off, David also enjoys beekeeping, photography, and videography.
Prior to moving to DC in September of 2021, David worked as an environmental engineer in Massachusetts.
What I can do and teach in the Maker Hub:
- 3D scanning, modeling, and printing
- Laser cutting, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Vinyl Cutting
- Sewing, digital embroidery
- Simple bookbinding and stamp making
- Arduino, basic electrical components, soldering
What I want to learn more about in the Maker Hub:
- Sewing, knitting, and the loom!