The Georgetown University Library is a hub for faculty and students to create and share new knowledge. The Library supports scholarship by curating rich collections in print and online, teaching students basic and advanced research techniques, providing support for multimedia and digital scholarship projects, facilitating research and conducting instruction sessions with primary sources, and much more. Staff across the library can coordinate with each other so that you and your students have the best experience possible.
The library offers virtual instruction options that you may integrate with your course:
- synchronous Zoom class instruction
- online tutorials, research and course guides, and other asynchronous learning materials
The best way to learn about all the Library has to offer is to talk to our subject specialist librarians. They provide guidance on Library resources and connect you with experienced staff across the Library.
- Request an instruction session
- Request a consultation
- Research Services staff
- Librarians by subject
- Research and course guides
The Bioethics Research Library has the world’s largest and most diverse collection of materials on the ethics of health, the environment, and emerging technologies.
- Request a Bioethics Library instruction session
- Request a Bioethics Library consultation
- BRL website
- BRL staff
The Blommer Science Library provides access to research materials in the sciences, including biology, chemistry, computer science, environmental science, mathematics, and physics.
- Request a Science Library instruction session
- Request a Science Library consultation
- Blommer staff
- Blommer website
The Booth Family Center for Special Collections houses the Library’s rare books and manuscripts, University Art Collection, and University Archives.
- Request a Special Collections instruction session
- Request a Special Collections consultation
- Booth staff
- Booth website
The School of Continuing Studies Library, located on the Georgetown Downtown campus, has specialized research materials to support SCS's professional programs.
The Woodstock Theological Library is one of the oldest and most notable Catholic theological libraries in the United States.
- Request a Woodstock instruction session
- Request a Woodstock consultation
- Woodstock staff
- Woodstock website
Digital Scholarship, Multimedia, and Other Services
The Digital Scholarship team assists faculty and students in the use of digital scholarship tools and techniques, including text mining, data management, and data visualization.
- Request a Digital Scholarship instruction session
- Request a Digital Scholarship consultation
- Digital Scholarship staff
- Digital Scholarship website
The Gelardin New Media Center offers equipment, spaces, and support for the use of innovative multimedia and emerging technologies for teaching, learning, and scholarship.
- Request a Multimedia instruction session
- Request a Multimedia consultation
- Gelardin staff
- Gelardin website
The Maker Hub provides a space connecting Georgetown researchers, makers, and entrepreneurs from across campus with specialized equipment and a collaborative atmosphere to design, solve problems, and innovate.
- Request a Maker Hub instruction session
- Request a Maker Hub consultation
- Maker Hub staff
- Maker Hub website
The DigitalGeorgetown Institutional Repository preserves and makes available scholarly research by Georgetown's faculty, staff, and students.
- Request a DigitalGeorgetown instruction session
- Request a DigitalGeorgetown consultation
- Repository staff
- Repository website
The Copyright & Scholarly Communication department provides guidance to faculty and students on issues relating to copyright and scholarly publishing.