Effective May 11, 2023, the Bioethics Research Library is open to:
- Current Georgetown University students, faculty, and staff
- Georgetown University Alumni
- Sustainer or Patron members of the Georgetown University Library Associates Program
- Individuals with corporate borrowing privileges
- Pre-authorized Visiting Scholars and Visiting Researchers
- Current students and faculty affiliated with the Washington Research Library Consortium
Members of these groups should bring appropriate identification when they arrive. The Bioethics Research Library is not open to the general public except to those authorized through the above memberships.
Borrow, Request, Pick up, Return
Georgetown users may select and check out books in person in the Bioethics Research Library (102 Healy Hall), or request items online through HoyaSearch using the Request button under Availability. Library staff will find the item for you and hold it at the service desk location of your choice. You will receive an email when it is ready for pickup. Items stay on the hold shelf for 10 days; if they are not picked up by then, the hold will be canceled and the item will be returned to the stacks.
Items from any of the Georgetown campus libraries or consortia partner libraries may be returned to the Bioethics library and they will be delivered to the owning library.
Georgetown patrons who need materials not available at Georgetown or consortia partner libraries can place a request through Interlibrary Loan:
- ILL for Main Campus patrons
- ILL for Georgetown University School of Medicine patrons (Dahlgren Memorial Library)
- ILL for Georgetown University Law Center patrons
If you are not affiliated with Georgetown and have questions about using interlibrary loan for Bioethics Research Library materials, please email email@example.com.