In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA), Georgetown University has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on Georgetown University sites. Please send information about alleged copyright infringements to the university's designated DMCA agent.
The DMCA requires that such notices of alleged copyright infringement be in writing. In order for the University to take any action on the basis of your notice, the written communication must include the following information:
- Identity of the Work Infringed. Identification of the copyrighted work or works claimed to have been infringed. If multiple works are allegedly being infringed at a single site, please provide a representative list of such works.
- Location on the Site. A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing, and information sufficient to permit Georgetown’s agent to locate the material.
- Contact Information. Contact information for you, including your address, telephone number, and/or email address.
- Good Faith Belief. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner’s agent, or by the law.
- Accuracy of Notice. A statement by you that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, you are authorized on behalf of the owner to enforce the copyrights that are claimed to be infringed.
- Signature. A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on behalf of the rights owner.
For information about copyright issues related to teaching, research, publishing, and multimedia, visit our Copyright at Georgetown pages.