Georgetown University students, faculty, and staff with a current Georgetown University ID (GOCard) may use Lauinger Library during all hours of operation. Visitors may use Lauinger between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.
Users with current, valid Georgetown University ID (GOCard)
Between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., anyone with a current, valid Georgetown University ID (GOCard) may enter Lauinger Library by showing the guard at the Security Desk the GOCard. After 10 p.m., they will be asked to swipe their GOCard to confirm their current status at the University.
Visitors to Lauinger Library
- Lauinger Library is open to visitors from 8 a.m.–10 p.m. Visitors are not allowed in the library after 11 p.m. Visitors in the library between 11 p.m. and 12 a.m. will be escorted out of the library.
- Visitors must show current government-issued photo IDs and sign in at the Security Desk to enter the library.
- Visitors from the Washington Research Library Consortium (WRLC) must show their institutional photo IDs and sign in at the Security Desk each time they enter Lauinger Library.
- Visitors to the Booth Family Center for Special Collections are strongly encouraged to make an appointment ahead of time to ensure a seat in the Reading Room and access to all collections
- Large groups of visitors are encouraged to contact and send a list of attendees to the Head of Outreach and Engagement at least one week before your event. Visitors who are on the list will only need to show a government-issued photo ID to enter and will not have to sign in.
- Children under the age of 18 must follow the Library's policy for minors. Some minors in authorized University programs, classes, or groups may be exempted by this policy.
Blommer Science Library, 3rd floor of the Reiss Science Building
The Reiss Building is open to the public Monday-Friday 6 a.m.–8 p.m. Card swipe access is available only to Georgetown University students, faculty and staff everyday 6 a.m.–11 p.m.
- Georgetown University students, faculty and staff with valid GOCards may use the Blommer Science Library during regularly scheduled hours. The Blommer library summer hours are Monday–Friday from 12 p.m.–5 p.m. For holidays or other exceptions, please visit the Georgetown University Library website.
- Visitors without a Georgetown ID card (GOCard) may use the Blommer Science Library during normal summer operating hours. On holidays, see the Hours schedule.
Exiting the Libraries
All persons leaving the library must pass through the library security gates installed at the exits of the Lauinger and Blommer Science libraries. Occasionally non-library materials, such as rented videos or books from a bookstore, may activate the detection system. If the alarm sounds, you must present all materials for inspection to the security guard or a library staff member. Intentional removal of library-owned materials that are not properly checked out will result in disciplinary action.