The Idea Lab is designed to facilitate communication and ideation. It's equipped with whiteboard tables and other supplies to help groups come together to discuss problems and sketch potential solutions.
- Whiteboard Screen with PC computer and projector for classes
- 10 movable whiteboard tables (2’x6’) and 3 rolling whiteboard easels
- Dry erase pens
- 20 chairs
- Virtual Reality Station with HTC Vive and Oculus Rift
What you can do:
- Teach or attend workshops
- Use the whiteboard tables and boards to collaboratively sketch out ideas
- Experience Virtual Reality
This room is sometimes reserved for instruction. See the schedule posted outside the Idea Lab door.
This room can be reserved for:
- Club meetings that will take advantage of the unique attributes of the Idea Lab and/or the Maker Hub (can be reserved on a recurring weekly basis).
- Individual class sessions, or full courses that will take advantage of the unique attributes of the Idea Lab and/or the Maker Hub.
- Ad-hoc faculty, staff, or student meetings that will take advantage of the unique attributes of the Idea Lab and/or the Maker Hub.
Please note: While the Idea Lab can be reserved for meetings and classes, the Maker Hub cannot. Please be aware that access to the Maker Hub is through the Idea Lab, so during Maker Hub open hours there will be foot traffic through the Idea Lab even if it is reserved.
When not reserved, the Idea Lab is open to all Georgetown faculty, staff, and students.
Rules for use of the Idea Lab
Please leave the room in the state you found it, this means: