Enhance your Canvas course site with research resources, readings, websites and multimedia from the Library!
Link to Library Resources
Make the library part of your course by linking to:
- Get (Library) Help
- Library Research and customized Course Guides
- Research Consultations -- 1:1 appointments for students with a librarian for help with their research papers and projects
- Specific article databases (e.g., Academic Search Premier; JSTOR)
- Course Reserves
- Individual articles, e-books, and e-journals (see below)
- Citation tools, including RefWorks and Zotero
- Evaluating Internet Resources
Linking to articles from Library databases
We strongly encourage creating links in Canvas to articles, e-journals, and e-books. (Don't upload copyrighted PDFs into your Canvas site!).
However, for links to work correctly for off-campus students, they need to go through the Library's proxy server — the URL needs to contain
proxy.library.georgetown.edu. Library databases will often have a "permanent link" or "stable URL" for linking purposes. Sometimes this "stable URL" will already contain the proxy string, but if it does not, add:
to the START of the URL for the item. For example:
If you have questions about linking to library resources for off-campus access, please contact the Library's Electronic Resources & Serials Unit.
- Images - image collections and other image resources available through the Library
- Introduction to Copyright
- Copyright & Multimedia
- Films and streaming video available from the Library
- Streaming music available from the Library
Course Reserves: email@example.com