DigitalGeorgetown is Georgetown University’s institutional repository and digital collections platform. Maintained and administered by Georgetown University Library, DigitalGeorgetown provides online access to scholarly academic resources, rare and unique digitized special collections, and more. In production since 2009, the repository includes over 500,000 unique digital objects across more than 100 collections, and serves as a central place where Georgetown faculty members, researchers, and students entrust the stewardship of their scholarship and digital content. With an emphasis on curation and preservation, DigitalGeorgetown furthers the Library’s mission to shape the creation of knowledge, conserve culture for posterity, and transform learning and research. DigitalGeorgetown is powered by DSpace open source repository software.
There are many benefits to submitting works to DigitalGeorgetown, including:
- Stable and continual open access to works through redundant storage infrastructure and persistent URLs
- Visibility and exposure of content through Google Scholar, HoyaSearch, and other search engines and databases
- Long-term preservation and archiving of collections, data sets, and scholarly works that ensures the authenticity of digital content
- A suite of tools and features that displays a multitude of content types, including articles, books, journals, photographs, films, and audio files
- Options for embargo and public access controls and support for intellectual property rights
Please contact us to learn more about DigitalGeorgetown.