Our equipment offerings are vast and varied. We have simple gear for simple projects, and professional gear for true (and aspiring) professionals.
Media Equipment Checkout/Reservations
- You must have a valid Georgetown GoCard to borrow equipment.
- All media equipment loans will be made by reservation only. Media equipment can be requested via the Blue Reservation Button below --no walk-up checkouts.
- Reservations must be made at least 48 hrs in advance.
- The pickup location is the main entrance before the security desk.
- Most equipment can be checked out for up to 72 hours, while Chromebooks and iPads are available for up to 1 week.
- Please be on time to pick up your gear, or call to let us know you will be late. Your reservation will be canceled if you are more than 30 minutes late.
- What you check out is a public device. You are responsible for clearing any data on the device and logging off of any personal accounts before returning it. The device will remain charged out to any patron who does not log out of their personal account when a device is returned.
- Each type of item may be checked out a maximum of 28 days per semester, or the equivalent of 9 72-hour checkouts.
- Students may check out a max of 2 cameras, and 20 items in total, at a time.
- Reservation retrieval, or drop off will be made inside the main entrance of Lauinger before the guard desk. Please call 202-687-7476 upon arrival.
Borrowers may renew an item, twice, depending upon availability. Each renewal can last up to an additional 72 hours.
Late fines for equipment is $5 per hour. Bring your equipment back on time! See detailed fine information under the library's borrowing policies.
Borrowers will be assessed replacement charges for lost or broken items, and for equipment more than one week overdue. A $30 processing fee will be assessed in addition to the replacement costs and any overdue fines. Charges will be added to the student's account through the Bursar's office.
Everyone who enters the library must show a Green building access badge on the Georgetown app to the security guard at the front entrance of the library.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Need an extended loan? Submit your request here.
One-on-one Consulations with a Multimedia
One-on-one help is available if you would like to learn how to use our equipment or software. Schedule a consultation with a Multimedia Specialist.