The Library provides information on submitting your thesis or dissertation in three different ways:
- The pages below provide information on University policies, submission procedures, and copyright for your electronic thesis or dissertation (ETD).
- The Library offers information sessions for thesis and dissertation authors every semester, as advertised through the Library and Graduate School.
- The Library has an eight-part video series, ETDs: Understand Your Options Before Clicking Submit.
- Overview of the Submission Process
- Dissertation, Doctoral Project and Thesis Information (Graduate School)
- Guidelines for Dissertation, Doctoral Project and Thesis Writers (Graduate School)
- Georgetown Electronic Theses and Dissertations (DigitalGeorgetown)
- Theses and Dissertations - Copyright
Your Options When Submitting Your Thesis or Dissertation
- Traditional or Open Access Publishing
- Google Scholar and Search Engines
- ORCID iDs
- Copyright Registration
Publishing Your Dissertation
Finding Theses and Dissertations
- DigitalGeorgetown - electronic copies of Georgetown theses and dissertations, 2007-present
- WRLC - request print copies of Georgetown theses and dissertations from our off-campus storage center; use HoyaSearch to get a complete citation and call number
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global - database with abstracts of theses and dissertations from North American and European universities, many with full text available (Georgetown NetID and password required)
- Dissertations and Theses LibGuide - links to additional sources for locating theses and dissertations
- Submitting your thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School - contact the Assistant Director of Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DigitalGeorgetown - contact email@example.com
- Copyright or revising your thesis or dissertation for publication - contact Meg Oakley, Director, Copyright & Scholarly Communication